Clearwater River Watershed District
Board of Managers Meeting
April 13, 2011 - 7:00PM
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Board Chairman Brunsell called the regular meeting to order at 7:00pm. Managerís Bob Schiefelbein, Roland Froyen, Marvin Brunsell, Jerry Risberg, and Mark Kampa were present. Others in attendance were Wright County Commissioner Rose Thelen, Meeker County Commissioner Wally Strand, Engineer Norm Wenck, Joe Jacobs, April Ryan, Cole Loewen, Administrator Merle Anderson, and Assistant Administrator Dennis Loewen.
Motion #11-04-1: Risberg, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to adopt the Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #11-04-2: Schiefelbein, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to adopt the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #11-04-3: Kampa, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to pay bills. All Managers voted aye. - Disbursements
Engineer Wenck and Assistant Administrator Loewen reviewed
1. Progress of the Lake Augusta West Channel cleanout. Restoration of disturbed areas remains to be completed.
2. Reviewed the progress of various tasks for the Kingston Wetland Restoration Grant. This progress was outlined in the Task Report that was distributed.
3. Need for emergency repair of the Segner Ponds Fish Barrier.
4. E-coli monitoring at Stearns County Road 75, near the city of Clearwater.
5. Upcoming dissolved oxygen monitoring at County Road 40.
Motion #11-04-4: Froyen, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to reconstruct fish barrier, repair berm, and construct fish trap at Segner Ponds at a cost not to exceed $3,000 of CASH O&M Funds. All Managers voted aye.
Administrator Anderson and Assistant Administrator Loewen
reviewed the following:
1. Cedar Lake Conservation Club proposed petition to CRWD for vegetation control in Cedar Lake.
2. Reviewed manager comments of the success of the brochure provided to legislators at the Minnesota Association of Watershed Districtís recent Legislative Day at the Capitol.
3. Previewed the CRWD Citizenship Breakfast and Tour plans.
4. Cory Meierhofer Easement description.
Engineer Wenck distributed a memo and brochure outlining a proposed CRWD Nutrient Management Program.
Motion #11-04-5: Froyen, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to authorize Wenck Associates, Inc. to apply for grants appropriate to the CRWD Nutrient Management Program. All Managers voted aye.
Cole Loewen explained that first quarter utility billing was completed successfully.
Motion #11-04-6: Risberg, seconded by Froyen, made a motion to refund $1,800 to Nicholle Corey (PID 19.10618.0000) for an overcharge of utility account.
Motion #11-04-7: Froyen, seconded by Brunsell, made a motion to lay Motion #11-04-6 on the table. Managerís Froyen and Brunsell voted aye. Managerís Kampa, Risberg, and Schiefelbein voted nay. The motion was defeated.
Motion #11-04-6 was withdrawn by Manager Risberg and agreed to by Manager Froyen.
Motion #11-04-8: Risberg, seconded by Froyen, made a motion to refund $1,800 for utility account overpayment to Nicholle Corey (PID 19.10618.0000), based on documentation. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #11-04-9: Schiefelbein, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to begin billing the Dennis Jusila property (PID 19.10618.0010) one unit of benefit for inclusion in the 2011 first quarter utility billing of the Clearwater Harbor Wastewater Treatment System. All Managers voted aye.
Assistant Administrator Loewen provided the following:
1. Conservation Corps Minnesota has begun live staking on the Clearwater River bank stabilization effort.
2. The contract with the Elk River Watershed Organization for the Mississippi/Saint Cloud Watershed effort will not be signed; however, the CRWD will continue to work with them.
Engineer Wenck distributed the Kimball Raingarden Plant Layout Plan.
Manager Kampa explained the Lake Augusta bog situation.
Motion #11-04-10: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to authorize a 50/50 match of CRWD funds with the Lake Augusta Association funds for bog removal on Lake Augusta. All Managers voted aye.
Administrator Anderson indicated that the Board of Water and Soil Resources will review the CRWD revised Watershed Management Plan on June 8, 2011.
Assistant Administrator Loewen informed the managers that Al Wolff is no longer considering construction of a stormwater pond on his property.
Cole Loewen explained the document storage and daily, weekly, and monthly backup of CRWD data.
Managers received a positive reaction for their resource management efforts at the Annandale Expo.
Motion #11-04-11: Froyen, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to authorize funds to move earlier deposited bogs to their proper location on the Clint Olson property. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #11-04-12: Kampa, seconded by Schiefelbein, made a motion to adjourn. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT:www.crwd.org
CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Board Chairman, Marvin Brunsell
Secretary, Mark Kampa