Clearwater River Watershed District
Board of Managers Meeting
May 11, 2005 - 7:00pm
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Manager Brunsell called regular meeting to order at 7:00pm. Manager’s Virl Liebrenz, Mark Kampa, Marvin Brunsell, Bob Schiefelbein, and Dennis Loewen were present. Others in attendance were Merle Anderson, Kelly Bergesch, Norm Wenck, Jerry Finch, Jeremy Sivula, and Jerry Carter.
Motion #05-05-1: Kampa, seconded by Liebrenz, made a motion to adopt the agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #05-05-2: Schiefelbein, seconded by Liebrenz, made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
The May 11, 2005 Financial Report and Clearwater Harbor Area Sanitary Sewer Project were reviewed. Two quotes have been received to provide hookup service to various homes in the project. Jay Hawk Mechanical Inc. submitted a quote of $9,000 and Arnie’s Heating & Plumbing submitted a quote of $7,300. Jeremy Sivula of 235 Baxter Road was present to indicate that his property has already been re-plumbed at a cost of $805, which is included in the May 11, 2005 Financial Report. Plumbing for 231 Alder Road will be completed by the building contractor at a cost of $2,070 for the service line and installation of a basement pump.
Motion #05-05-3: Liebrenz, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to accept the quote of $7,300 from Arnie’s Plumbing & Heating, less $1,950 for the 235 Baxter Road hookup. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #05-05-4: Liebrenz, seconded by Loewen, made a motion to pay April bills. All Managers voted aye.
Administrator Anderson explained a request from Corinna Township to conduct an inventory of existing septic systems on 103rd St. NW in Corinna Township.
Norm Wenck, Engineer, presented a proposal to the Board for individual sewage treatment system evaluations and reports for 32 parcels on 103rd St. NW at a cost of $5,310.
Motion #05-05-5: Liebrenz, seconded by Loewen, made a motion to authorize ISTS inventory and associated reports for 32 parcels on 103rd St. NW in Corinna Township at a cost not to exceed $5,310 and to be allocated from the CRWD Special Projects Fund. Managers Brunsell, Liebrenz, Loewen, and Schiefelbein voted aye. Manager Kampa voted nay. The motion carried.
Manager Brunsell indicated that there is interest in having the CRWD coordinate a foundation that would be a repository of funds dedicated to various lake initiatives by those who choose to contribute. Administrator Anderson will gather additional information regarding the formation of a foundation.
Administrator Anderson reported that approximately 100 people will be attending the District’s May 13, 2005 Citizenship Dinner in Kimball.
Motion #05-05-6: Schiefelbein, seconded by Liebrenz, made a motion to authorize manager and administrator‘s attendance at the 2005 MAWD Summer Tour. All Managers voted aye.
Kelly Bergesch left the meeting at 8:27p.m.
Administrator Anderson informed the Board of the following:
1. Virl Liebrenz’ term of office expires August 13, 2005.
2. Gave a letter from Chip Welling, DNR regarding milfoil treatment to Manager Kampa.
3. Presented a plat map of Steve Geislinger’s property showing possible sediment basin site.
4. Confirmed with Manager Liebrenz that Jim Haugen’s water shutoff repair bill will be paid for by the Clearwater Harbor Property Owner’s. Administrator Anderson agreed to contact Kober Construction to level the driveway at that property.
5. Suggested that Red Barn Ridge, Inc. present information at a Work Session regarding construction site erosion monitoring.
6. Reported on participation in the Wright County 5th Grade Environmental Day at Ney Park.
7. Stearns County will remit proceeds from the bond sale to CRWD within the week.
8. Reviewed CRWD involvement and recommendations to the city of Kimball regarding stormwater management.
Motion #05-05-7: Liebrenz, seconded by Loewen made a motion to adjourn the meeting. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT: www.crwd.org
CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Manager, Marvin Brunsell Secretary, Mark Kampa