Clearwater River Watershed District Work Session
March 23, 2005 - 6:30p.m.
Stanley’s Restaurant, Kimball
CRWD Work Session was called to order at 6:30p.m. by Manager Brunsell. Managers’ Virl Liebrenz, Marvin Brunsell, Mark Kampa, Bob Schiefelbein, and Dennis Loewen were present. Also in attendance were Administrator Merle Anderson and Greg Medvec.
Administrator Anderson reviewed with the Board the proposed buffer, lakescaping, and tile intake buffer incentive proposal. He will also review the proposals with Wright, Meeker, and Stearns SWCD.
Greg, Medvec, partner in ownership of Maple Hill Resort, Stearns County, introduced himself to the Board and asked if it is possible to pay their Clearwater Harbor Sanitary Sewer Project assessment. The Board suggested that as the assessment has already been filed with the Stearns County Auditor, that he needs to contact the Auditor’s office for payment options.
Greg Medvec left the meeting at 6:50p.m.
Manager Loewen reported that the Meeker Chapter of Pheasants Forever is interested in partnering with the CRWD on habitat improvement. Often times the Pheasants Forever contribution would be seed.
Motion #WS05-03-01: Motion Kampa, seconded by Loewen to adopt the Administrator Duties List of February 23, 2005. All Managers voted aye.
Administrator Anderson reviewed the following:
1. Citizenship Dinner scheduled for May 13, 2005, 6p.m. at the Playland Ballroom in Kimball.
2. Annandale Expo Work Schedule
3. Clean Water Legacy Act Funding Proposal
4. Plan and Unplanned Projects. Administrator and Manager Brunsell will review.
5. Water quality improvement opportunities at Clear Lake such as expanding the current sediment basin, controlling erosion on farm fields, and installing a weir on the Cory Meierhoefer wetland.
6. Lake Caroline Area Erosion and Lime Application
7. Bio-verse Technology to improve water quality in ponds
Managers suggested that Administrator Anderson follow-up on the following:
1. Clearwater Harbor Area road conditions and water ponding
2. Get CRWD business cards for Managers Loewen, Kampa, and Schiefelbein.
3. Develop special project budget for buffers.
4. Contact legislators suggesting that grant opportunities for community sanitary sewer systems around lakes be included in the Clean Water Legacy Act.
Motion #WS05-03-02: Motion Kampa, seconded by Loewen to adjourn. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT: www.crwd.org
CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Manager, Marvin Brunsell Secretary, Mark Kampa